Sunday, June 12, 2011
Cell phones and Children
When you are out in public, look around, how many people are on cell phones. Talking or texting we cannot get away from them. Cell phones are in our everyday lives. The younger crowd in recent years are now becoming more into owning a cell phone. The number is growing quickly as to how many teenagers own a cell phone. The age is dropping as to how old kids are that own cell phones. Even Elementary school students own cell phones.
Peace of mind is why parents are allowing their children to have a cell phone. They feel at ease knowing their child can use the phone for security reasons if something happens. There are risks to children having cell phones, text messaging to cheat on tests or bullying, picture mail, and being a distraction. However, if parents talk to their children and teach them how to use the phone correctly it is more of a security benefit.
At what age should you allow your child to have a cell phone is what many parents are asking. Since I am a new mother, I have never asked myself that. But I believe I would only allow my son to receive incoming calls and be able to make outgoing calls if I gave him a cell phone at an early age. No texting and no picture mail until he got a job to pay for it himself and he was responsible. With times changing who knows what they will come out with by the time he is a teenager, I guess I will see when that time comes.
Retrieved from:
http://www.mysecurecyberspace.com/articles/family-room/should-your-child-have-a-cell-phone.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment