Sunday, June 5, 2011
Assignment 3.1
The American reality television dating game shows The Bachelor and Bachelorette debuted in 2002 on ABC.
The Bachelor/Bachelorette series portrays love and romance in a setting that is not a realistic picture of how a relationship develops in the real world. Who wouldn’t fall in love with someone in an exotic setting filled with no cares of everyday life and work. The couples see the ‘good’ side of one another in scenarios where the toughest decision they have to make is which wine to have with dinner. As witnessed, most of the couples crumble once they return to normal life. The stars see in one’s eyes are replaced by question marks as to why and how did they select someone who ended up being such a wrong fit. There is no real love exhibited, merely a whirlwind romance that failed away from the fantasy suite and all the fantasy conversations.
My mother always asks me why I watch the shows; honestly I do not know why I do. I guess I like that I never know what is going to happen next and the romantic side of things. The adventures and dates they go on are breathtaking. The shows sure do spend millions for them to be able to take such amazing dates to places most people can only fantasize going. I am still shocked the show has lasted for so long, but glad it has to allow me to view all the most romantic beautiful places around the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment